Application for a Norwegian personal number
To apply for a Norwegian passport you have to be registered in the National Registration Office (Folkeregisteret) with a personal number. See the Norwegian Embassy’s website at:
for more information concerning citizenship. It is only the passport authority (embassy) that can assign a personal number, and the application for personal number should therefore be given simultaneously with the application for a passport.
For children applying for a personal number at the Consulate please come with one or both parents and bring:
- Marriage Certificate, translated and verified by the Thai Ministry of Foreign Affairs (only for children born before 01.09.06 and the parents married before 01.09.06)
- Birth Certificate, translated and verified by the Thai Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
- The passports of both parents, or ID card of the Thai parent if she/he does not possess a passport.
- Child’s Thai/foreign passport (if the child possesses this)
- Letter of consent, signed by both parents
- Certificate on the acquisition of Norwegian nationality, from UDI (only for children born before 01.09.06) if the parents are not married.